What is the Office of Home Visiting?
The Office of Home Visiting (OHV) is a Utah Department of Health program. The OHV acts as a support and resource center for entities interested in implementing an evidence-based or research-informed home visitation program. The Office of Home Visiting:
- Supports home visiting programs with training and technical assistance
- Provides support for starting new evidence-based home visiting programs
- Augments and, or, develops knowledge and linkages between home visiting programs and the related services systems at the state and community level identified as but not limited to:
- Other home visiting programs
- Health care providers
- Substance Abuse providers
- Mental health providers
- Child care, and
- Parenting programs
- Identifies existing and new sources of funding for local home visiting programs
- Promotes evidence-based home visiting as an effective way to prevent child abuse
- Conducts evaluations of EBHV programs currently operating in Utah
To provide voluntary high-quality home visiting models for every at-risk family with young children in Utah.